Thursday, May 22, 2014

Just Another Ordinary Day

So the past few days haven't been extraordinary, not a whole lot to tell the world… In theory…. But today, I wanted to remind myself to take time to appreciate the little things.  A nice conversation with my husband, the joy of helping Aspen, planning the steps to get where I want.

THen I realized that while it might seem like an ordinary day with nothing exciting…. I'm quite wrong. There's a lot to celebrate EVERY DAY!

  • I'm still breathing… There's something we should all celebrate!  
  • I have an AMAZING FAMILY!  
  • I have a job, and while sometimes it drives me crazy, it's more than a lot of people have.  
  • I have the most beautiful dogs in the world (yes, I'm biased, it's my blog, deal with it).  
  • My horses ROCK!  I can't wait to get them home!
  • Huge shout out to Laura Fay, she's really made me feel welcome at her barn, and continues to push me to be better.  Give Chase and Kody kisses for me until my next visit! 
  • My husband is the most perfect man on the planet, for me!  
  • I have the best friend/aunt in the world, she supports me and helps motivate me and is ALWAYS there for me!  
  • I could say the exact same thing for my Grandma, and add that even when she thinks my decisions are crazy and almost throws chairs at recruiters, she still loves me.  
  • My mom, her and I have been through a lot, good and bad, but at the end of the day we're still here for each other.  
  • My foster family, the Kjeldgaards… So much to say about this WONDERFUL family.  They've raised 8 amazing kids, all polite, well behaved, athletic, generous, CHRISTIAN, smart, caring… The list could (and should) take up this whole page, but in the interest in saving space, I'll cut it off there, and say Lisa and Eric, your awesome, and I love you!  Thank you for helping me through a very difficult time in my life!  To the 8 KJ littles… or not so little (Nick, Kate, Steve, CAN YOU SLOW DOWN, I feel old), you are all amazing in your own right, keep being amazing (no pressure or anything)!  
  • To Aspen, you've inspired me.  Your love and dedication is truly beautiful, and you've got a BEAUTIFUL heart & soul… And while you're beautiful on the outside too, it's the internal beauty that really makes you shine!
Now, I could go on and on about all the things I'm grateful for everyday, and there are times that I will. But today, I just wanted to take the time to remind myself (and anyone who happens to read this) that even our so called ordinary days really are EXTRAORDINARY!  

1 comment:

  1. I'm grateful to have an amazing best friend/neice who is always here for me too!!!! Love you dearly! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete