Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Challenge Accepted!

Today, I was challenged by a very dear friend to sell 7 Thirty One Totes in the next 7 days.  I graciously accepted.  I don't know if I'll actually be able to sell 7 totes in the next 7 days, but I shall certainly try!

Allison's challenge got me thinking… What other challenges do we put in front of ourselves each and every day?  Do we do it on purpose to help our selves grow or to change?  Does life do it for you, throwing hurdles at you that you aren't sure you can make it over?

This week I'm challenging myself to eat better and work harder.  This morning I jogged/walked 2.84 miles with my furry baby Tyson with me… Tyson loves the first mile, so do I, but by mile 2 he's always wondering what he did to deserve this.  I'm challenging him to run it all with me, which means I have to as well.  I'm also challenging myself to eat better and work harder at my squat/build a boot challenge, and plank challenge.  In other words I'm challenging my self to continue to get fit!  In addition to working out, I have to be aware of what I'm putting in my body.  The case of Vanilla Pepsi that I just bought, while delicious, was not the best of choices for me.  But the DELICIOUS strawberry-almond salad I had for lunch yesterday was.  I love it with balsamic vinegar!  I've also been doing pumpkin smoothies, sometimes with cranberries.  They really fill me up in the mornings and help fuel me through lunch.

I take a lot of inspiration from my a friend of mine, Heather Foltz.  She's a coach from Beach Body, and she is AMAZING!  If you ever think that you can't get healthy or fit, she is the girl to talk to!  She posts great meal ideas, work out ideas and motivational pictures!  Seriously my fitness hero!

I know I say this all the time, BUT here I go again, being fit is a lifestyle choice, but it's not just for me. I love the way I feel, look, and the health benefits… blah blah blah… Let's get real here… it's me. I do it for my horses.  Get fit ride better!  While I preach that, working out like I am trying to do is not the only way to get fit.  Last year, Denny Emerson (the Gold Medal Olympic Eventer who also finished Tevis) my horse idol, stays fit by constantly working.  Clearing brush, riding, walking courses, setting up courses, cleaning the barn etc.  Burning calories/building muscles is the key.

So, this week, my goals are:
Squat/build a booty challenge EVERY DAY
Plank/Ab challenge EVERYDAY
Jog/walk Wednesday & Saturday
Eat at least 1 salad a day
Drink 8 glasses of water
Sell 7 totes

I challenge you to join me getting healthier, one week at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment