Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Get Organized

At the end of last week I did a time audit. For 2 days (kind of 3) I tracked my time, how much time did I waste throughout my day, how much time was I actually productive? I did this after reading "Start" by Jon Acuff. Doing this time audit helped me find more time in my day to do things I really wanted, or spend time bettering myself. One thing that really stood out to me when I started tracking my time was my sometimes LACK of organization. So Sunday rolled around and I attacked this problem head on! I helped my mother-in-law organize the sewing room, sorted fabric and projects. I then moved to my dresser, and started on my drawers. 
This is my top drawer after about 15 minutes of re-organization. I fit way more in!! I didn't stop there! I had made beer cheese for a bridal shower and ended up coming home with the left overs, so I moved it into smaller containers, so we didn't have to hear up a big bowl ever time we wanted some. 
We also made our own salsa and shredded chicken for tacos. Since I've been doing really well on my fitness/weight loss challenge I've been trying to get better about what I put in my body. Chips with salsa are one of my weaknesses, SO rather than hit up Moe's or Chipotle, I made my own salsa, using fresh ingredient (some out of our own garden).  This morning I was up 2 hours earlier than I needed to be so I could make my ice tea and smoothie for lunch (saving money and helping reach my goal). I had time to cuddle with my Tyson puppy and I had time to enjoy eggs with pesto (Yum).  I saved so much time by planning ahead and organizing that I'm able to write about it this morning!!  So my favorite organizing solutions this week... Mason Jars and Thirty-One Large Utility Totes! Mason jars are great for good storage! Large Utility Totes were great in the sewing room. We used 4! 2 for mom's current projects and unfinished projects, 1 for my fabric collection and 1 for my patterns/books.  While I know that being organized doesn't last forever for me and it's not an easy task to take on, it does help motivate me to do better!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment